<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 18, 2008

Jenny's dens 

A few days ago I was mowing our puppy pen, when suddenly the ground collapsed beneath me and I found myself deep in a hole. Apparently it was a den which was started in the horse paddock - I had not realized it was so long and so had only partially filled it in. After climbing out, I broke up the earth until I got to the end. As you can see, it was a long tunnel... Jenny must have been the excavator. Then yesterday I put Red and Najene, our 2 titans, out into that paddock and pasture. I saw them run toward the barn and Najene suddenly disappeared and Red was only partially visable. I raced to look and Jenny had been at it again. This time the tunnel was under a stall and was so deep and long I had to stick my arm way into it to get the hoe to find the end. I spent about an hour repacking the tunnel so our horse, Sienna, would not have her stall floor collapse into it. That did happen to her once before... not a pretty sight.





Below: the start of something big...


Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]